- 8g of shallots, finely chopped
- 10g of salted butter
- 8g of black peppercorns, crushed (for a milder sauce use only 5g)
- 3 tablespoons of Brandy
- 3 tablespoons of dry white wine
- 100ml of water
- 7g of meat gravy granules
- 100ml of double cream
- In a small saucepan, over a low heat, add the butter and shallots and sweat gently for 1 minute. Add the crushed peppercorns and sweat for a further minute.
- Pour in the brandy and boil for 10 seconds (or Flambé if you are a confident cook) add the white wine and bring to the boil.
- Mix the gravy granules with 100mls of boiling water, add to the brandy and peppercorn mixture and bring to the boil.
- Add the double cream and simmer until the sauce has reduced to your desired consistency (it should coat the back of a spoon).